Back pain is any pain experienced in the back. Most back pain cases are nonspecific, devoid of identifiable triggers. Studies reveal that about nine out of ten adults experience some form of back pain at some point in their life. Back pain is the most widespread cause of chronic pain, contributing to employees missing their work and disability cases. Back pain is categorized in terms of duration and the prevailing symptoms.
Are you an Oakdale, MN resident troubled by recurring and painful back problems? Don’t hesitate to contact our chiropractor at WellSpring Chiropractic, serving Oakdale and the surrounding area. Our chiropractor will design a thoughtful, tailored chiropractic care treatment that will relieve back pain, restore your everyday wellbeing, and help you live happily and healthily.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Most back pain arises on its own without an apparent cause. Common causes include:
- Spinal stenosis: This condition involves the narrowing of the spinal canal and normally manifests itself in patients over 60 years of age. This decompression triggers back pain.
- Herniated disk: When vertebrae slip or bulge, it can culminate in pressing a nerve, thereby triggering back pain.
- Arthritis: This is a type of chronic inflammation that can affect the joints of your entire body, including your back. It’s characterized by stiffness and swelling.
- Awkward positioning of the spine: If the spine oddly positions itself, it can induce back pain because of resistance scoliosis, which causes the spine to bend to one side.
- Sciatica: A piercing and shooting pain radiating through the buttocks and down the leg can be triggered by a ruptured disc pressing a nerve, which causes back pain.
How Does a Chiropractor Help Treat Back Pain?
When you visit our chiropractor at WellSpring Chiropractic, they begin the chiropractic care treatment plan by taking a medical history. After that, they initiate a physical assessment that may include lab tests or diagnostic imaging to ascertain if the chiropractic treatment is suitable for you.
A chiropractor may integrate chiropractic adjustments by manipulating the joints and employing a regulated, sudden low-adjustment, gentle force technique to amplify mobility. Many chiropractors incorporate nutritional counseling and exercise or rehabilitation into their treatment plans.
Other chiropractic techniques that may be employed to relieve back pain include:
- spinal and manual manipulation
- mobilization stretching of muscles and joints
- soft tissue therapy
- exercise therapy
Let Our Chiropractor at Oakdale, MN, Treat You Today
Back pain is a common complaint in the United States. Many people are struggling with recurrent back pain without the knowledge of where they can get a solution. Don’t let back pain slow you down in undertaking your daily activities.
If you’re in the Oakdale, MN, area, contact WellSpring Chiropractic today at 651-735-2201 to schedule an appointment and experience our outstanding chiropractic care that will provide comfort to your persistent and debilitating back pain.